Software development service for individual needs is a fairly popular service in the framework of modern reality. The development of a successful product is a complex multi-stage process. The creation and development of any product occur gradually, passing through a number of mandatory stages, some of which can go in parallel. The apps you love and love to spend time on have taken years to find their current look and feel.
In this material, we will consider the main methods of software development, as well as its advantages and main stages. Let’s get started!
What are the Methods of Software Development?
Let’s look at the basic methods of software development.
- Phased cascade methodology for software development: It implies the development of a product in certain stages. With this methodology, the next stage does not begin until the previous one is completed. The stages themselves are thought out at the design stage, taking into account the requirements for the program and the time for its development. The finished product is obtained only at the end of development.
- “Waterfall”: When intermediate control after each stage is introduced into the “cascade methodology”, a completely different development method is obtained – the “whirlpool”. In this case, after the completion of each stage, a progress report is prepared, as well as a review of the programming done. If, for example, an error is found at the next control, then the project will be sent for revision to the stage below, but at the same time, it will also move to a new stage, where its development continues. In this case, it is likely that some stages stretch for the entire development time and do not end in due time. The work product appears only when all stages are completed.
- Spiral technique: It implies a quick and thoughtful start with a clear and balanced strategy. A separate “turn of the spiral” is the implementation of a new version of the product or its separate component, which is “strung” on the existing basis. At each “coil” of work, the requirements and goals of the project are clarified, and it is also found out if there are changes in the characteristics of the future product. Each individual turn is a working, but unfinished product or component.
- Extreme Programming: This technique involves the intensive development of the entire product at once by individual programmers or small teams. Active development, communication, feedback from the customer, courage – this is what defines this technique.
Benefits of Software Development Service
The main advantages of implementing individual software into operation include the following:
- All applications easily adapt to business processes, and not vice versa: Special software is convenient in design, so employees will quickly get used to it, and the client will save time and effort spent on learning how to work with new software. In addition to the necessary functions, custom software will have fewer errors and less time spent on work.
- With custom software, you don’t have to worry about some features not working: The software owner may terminate the software at any time. But with custom software this is not the case – its buyer is the sole owner of the software, and no one will take it away.
- Your direct competitors will most likely use the same software unless yours were custom: With it, you decide how your software will look and work, and thus be able to be more successful in the market. For example, you can make it more client-oriented, and your competitors use ready-made software with restrictions.
- You decide what and when you need to change in your software: Dedicated software provides control to add, change, remove features, and adapt to new business needs. Moreover, you do not need to transfer software – just transfer your work data to a new platform or expand on an existing one.
- To expand access to the application, you do not need to pay (as is often the case with ready-made solutions). Also, you do not need to pay for additional features that you may need in your work.
Software Development Process
The software development life cycle is a conditional diagram that includes the phases of software development. The development cycle provides a template that makes it easy to design, build, and release quality software. The output should be a cost-effective product that meets customer requirements.
- Immersing the team in the business context is an important phase of the software development cycle that starts the workflow. The client must understand that he is wasting time and resources at this stage for a reason. It is important for him that the project team dive into the details of the business and carefully understand what market the product is being prepared for, how to make it truly useful. This is true for any industry.
- Gathering and analyzing requirements is one of the most important phases. It is performed with the participation of customers, the sales department, and the analytics department. At this stage, it is important to define the requirements for the project as accurately and unambiguously as possible for both the project team and the business. Analysts help define the ultimate goals and objectives of the work.
- This stage is passed when there is a clear understanding of the goals of the project, and its requirements are formulated in sufficient detail. Based on the requirements, several approaches to product architecture design are usually proposed. The internal design of all architecture modules should be clearly defined and described in detail.
- Implementation or coding. This is the stage of direct development of the system – writing code in the programming language chosen to take into account the tasks ahead.
- The system is launched into battle. This stage is followed by checking the system performance, identifying, fixing, and fixing bugs until the product reaches the required quality standards. During this period, there are usually a lot of inconsistencies, white spots, bugs. They need to be removed promptly.
- When a product is tested and ready to be deployed, it is released to the market. Sometimes product deployments happen sequentially as part of a customer’s business strategy. The product can be first released in a limited segment and tested in a real business environment, then based on feedback, it can be released as is or with suggested improvements.
- Maintenance and updates. At this stage of the life cycle, periodic technical support of the system is carried out. This allows you to make sure that the system is not outdated and meets modern standards and technologies. This includes ongoing performance evaluation and component updates.
As you can understand, software development is a rather time-consuming and complex process. If you want to get a truly high-quality application, then you should find a software development service that can ensure the maximum quality, security, and attractiveness of future software. That is why make the right choice when looking for developers.