TaiG Jailbreak Software is effective for both older & newer iOS devices while evasi0n7 is proven for iOS 7.0.x devices.
Jail breaking for iOS isn’t a new thing at all, it is like android rooting and Symbian OS hacking. It removes hardware restrictions on iOS, allowing you to unlock other features on your iPhone, iPad and just any other iOS devices.
Jail breaking will unlock those restrictions, giving you root access and the ability to use Bluetooth transfer, utility apps and other tools you can’t use without Jail breaking your device.
You can read up about Jail Breaking, dangers, legality and all that from Wikipedia.
How to Jailbreak any iOS Device
Jail breaking uses known exploits to escalate privileges on the device. Older devices are easily jail broken compared to newer devices.
We’re going to look at the 2 software that’s best for jail breaking iOS devices: They can jailbreak almost all iOS devices without any damages.
TaiG Jailbreak Tools
TaiG Jailbreak Tools is widely successful for Jail breaking various models of iOS devices including the later versions – It is our preferred software for jail breaking iPhone on windows.
TaiG jailbreak software supports:
- iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPod touch 5
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air 1, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 1, iPad 4, 3
and even newer firmwares, viz;
- iOS 8.1.1
- iOS 8.1.2
- iOS 8.2 beta
To jail break iPad, iPod, iPhone, etc. on windows machine using the Taig jailbreak tools, you need follow the few steps below:
- Download the latest version of TaiG jailbreak tools from this link and unzip the zip archive
- Connect your iOS device to your PC via the USB cable
- Disable Passcode by Navigating to Settings => Touch ID & Passcode
- Turn off “Find my iPhone” from Settings => iCloud => Find my iPhone
- Launch the tool as an Administrator (Right click on the TaiG.exe & select “Run as Administrator”)
- Wait for your device to be detected (make sure that the correct firmware is being displayed)
- click the “Start” button and allow the process to complete and automatically restart the device (deselect 3K Assistant if you don’t need it)
- Cydia icon will appear on your device’s Home screen (after restart) if jailbreak is successful. Do not forget to re-enable the passcode and Find My iPhone feature after successfully jailbreaking your device.
You can always get news and updates about TaiG jailbreak tools from http://www.taig.com/en
PP Jailbreak for Mac OS
If you aren’t a Microsoft Windows user and have no time for virtual machine, then PP Jailbreak is the Mac alternative for TaiG jailbreak tools.
All you need do is download a copy from http://ghost.25pp.com/soft/ppjailbreak.dmg and launch on your Mac computer following the steps above (skip step5) to complete the jailbreak.
Pangu8 / evasi0n7
Evasi0n7 and Pangu8 is another trusted no-nonsense tools for jailbreaking of iPhone, iPad and other iOS devices. The steps for using them is no different from that of TaiG.
Just download a copy from their official website at http://en.pangu.io and http://evasi0n.com respectively. Follow the easy tips found on the website to complete your device’s jailbreak.
Any other question and/or challenges with jailbreaking your iOS devices can be discussed in this thread.