Bought a new iPhone and thinking of how to transfer the photos already stored on your Android smartphone? Here’s the short and simple answer to how to send pictures from android to iPhone. It treats the best methods for transferring media files from an old device to a new one. Mainly between Android and/or iOS devices.
Android and iPhone are distinct operating systems (OS), and as such, not very easy to transfer or synchronize files between the two. This article will treat extensively the best ways to transfer photos from your Android device to an iPhone.
How to Send Pictures from Android to iPhone Devices
So, here’s our favorite methods for sending Pictures from Android to iPhone. They’re easy, time-saving, and stress-free.
It would come in handy for those transferring photos from Android to iPhone and/or any other iOS device.
Method One: Google photos
This method is the simplest method for this task, but you must have an active internet connection and ensure you have the Google Photos app installed on your Android Smartphone. Due to the size of data involved, it would be worth using Wi-Fi with VPN activated to ensure the transfer’s speed and security.
First, you have to enable the backup and sync feature in the Google Photos app on your Android device; activating this feature will allow the pictures on your Android device to be automatically stored on Google drive.
Proceed to your iPhone, download, and install the Google Photos app from iTunes iOS store. Launch the app, activate the backup and sync feature. Your photos will start showing up on your iPhone within a few minutes.
NOTE: This method requires uninterruptible active internet access as it will consume lots of data. It is advisable to consider this method only when you have access to Wi-Fi or a reliable network with a huge data allowance.
Bonus Tip: In place of Google photos, you can make use of WhatsApp, Kik, or Telegram messaging app to transfer pictures from iPhone to Android easily. To do this, you’d need to use a different phone number to sign up for Whatsapp on the iPhone and another phone number for Whatsapp on Android.
Then add both numbers to contact and use the messaging feature to transfer your favorite photo(s) from iPhone to android and/or from Android to iOS devices.
Method Two: Using Photo Transfer App
Photo Transfer App is an app that lets you transfer media files from one device/platform to another. With this app, one can transfer media files from PC to Android, iOS, Mac, etc.
Steps to transfer photos from Android to iPhone using Photo Transfer App
First, download and install the app on both devices. On the sending device, (Android) follow these steps:
- Launch the app – Photo Transfer app and click on the “SEND” button.
- Tap the “OTHER Devices” button.
- Click on SELECT and choose the photos you’d like to be transferred.
On the receiving device (iPhone)
- Launch the app – Photo Transfer app and click on the “RECEIVE” button.
- Tap on the ‘REFRESH Devices‘ button to Locate the sender device on the network.
- Select the Android device with the pictures and tap on “GET Photos” to start the photo transfer process.
Note: the two devices must be connected to the same wireless (Wi-Fi) network.
Method Three: Using SHAREit
SHAREit is a premium file sharing app that has support for many platforms. It allows one to interchange files from one OS to another in a fast and comfortable way. Here are the steps to send pictures from android to iPhone using this method.
- Download and install SHAREit on both devices (Android and iPhone).
- Launch the application and set it up by choosing an avatar and a name. (do this on both devices).
- Connect the two devices to the same Wi-Fi network. (activate your Android hotspot. Search for the network using your iPhone and connect to it).
- When the two devices are done connecting, they will appear on both the sender’s and receiver’s screen.
- Select the pictures to be transferred and click on SEND or OK.
Method Four: Using AnyTrans Software
AnyTrans is a PC software from iMobile. It is a pro iOS data management/transfer software, which also works as a full data transfer tool for Android and iOS devices.
AnyTrans is a perfect tool for moving data/files from Android to iPhone in just a few clicks. Check the steps below for how to send pictures from android to iPhone with AnyTrans Software.
- Download the trial version of the app from http://dl.imobie.com/anytrans-setup.exe
- Launch the already installed AnyTrans software.
- Connect both devices (Android and iPhone) to the PC using USB cables.
- Click on iOS Mover, then shortcut screen
- Tap on the Content to iOS button.
- Select the folder with the targeted files to be transferred and click on the Right Arrow to kick-start.
- Sit back and watch your picture swing into iPhone in a few minutes (depending on the size/number of photos).
Method 5: Using CopyTrans Photo
CopyTrans Photo is a good app to manage and create backups for your iOS apps, photos, and videos on your PC. It can also be used to transfer files from an Android smartphone to an iOS device using a PC machine.
iTunes is naturally the best method for this. But users that dislike using iTunes for files transfer can rely on CopyTrans Photo app. Here’s a short tutorial on how to use CopyTrans to transfer your pictures from an Android device to iPhone.
First, download CopyTrans Photo app from https://www.copytrans.net/download, install the same on your PC, and then – proceed with these steps.
Step One: Transfer pictures to PC
- Connect the Android device to your PC via USB cables
- Open “My Computer” double-click on the Android device.
- Locate the folder with the pictures and copy (you can also drag and drop) it to your PC’s desktop screen – for easy and quick access.
Step two: Copy from PC to iPhone
- Launch the CopyTrans Photo app and connect the iPhone device to your PC.
- The iPhone folders will appear on the left screen side, while your PC folders will be on the right.
- Create a new folder on the iPhone by clicking the green photo symbol (check image below). Name the folder and click OK to save changes.
Locate and select the folder with the pictures (on your PC), double-click to open the folder, then select all (CTRL+A) and paste (or drag and drop) in the new folder created on the iPhone directories.
The Other Popular Methods
This is 2021 already; many easier methods to Send Pictures from Android to the iPhone are now in vogue. The most popular among them is Xender and copy my data. These two apps are super easy and work on any iPhone or Android device.
To use this method:
- Download either Xender (Android Version | iOS version) or Copy My Data [for Android or for iPhone] on your iPhone and Android phone or tablet device.
- Turn on your wi-fi on the two devices and then launch the app on both devices.
For Xender, follow the on-screen instruction to connect the two devices with Xender and select the images you’d like to copy to send them to your iOS device.
For Copy My Data, Select the device you’d like to copy the pictures from and untick the other items that aren’t needed (such as contacts, call log, etc.). Proceed to copy or send the pictures from your Android to iPhone or iPad device.
Note: You can use these apps to copy pictures from Android to iPad, iPhone, iPod, and other iOS devices. These apps support most android phones and tablet devices.
There are other ways to transfer pictures from Android to iPhone but these five methods are the simplest. Even newbies can send pictures from android to iPhone using these methods.
The list has the use of Mobile Apps, PC Software, internet data, and WiFi direct to transfer pictures from an Android-powered smartphone to Apple devices.
Ever tried any of the methods listed above? We would love to hear your review of them, Kindly share same with us via the comments section below. Suggestions and Opinions are also welcomed.