Opera Mini and Opera mini next have been very popular with Nokia Symbian, Google Android and even Microsoft Windows mobile smart phone and devices.
Recently, I purchased a blackberry Q10 device at a giveaway price (promo still on) and decided to play around it for fun and hidden tweaks.
But then, I needed something lighter, faster and less-intrusive to get access to nairaland and similar website and to cut pop-ups and all those annoying behavior with most websites.
To my uttermost surprise, there isn’t any opera mini for blackberry 10 on the Blackberry App world or even a molded opera mini next for blackberry 10 on other mobile download websites.
So today’s article is focused on sharing the latest version of Opera mini apk for blackberry 10 smartphones such as Blackberry Q5, BlackBerry Porsche (P’9983), Blackberry Q10, BlackBerry Passport, Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Z3, Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q20 Classic and BlackBerry Leap.
Why Opera Mini?
- It is great to have alternatives: Some sites works very well with the blackberry 10 built-in browser while some do not. Having an alternative mobile browsing app makes it easy to get access to all websites on mobile
- It is cheaper and more affordable: If you have gone through our previous article on Blackberry 10 data bundle plans and prices, you will agree with me that Blackberry data subscription have changed from what it used to be in the past, Opera mini is very budget friendly when using “pay as you go” or regular data bundle subscription.
- Access to Opera Mini specific data bundles: Opera web pass allows you browse free on the first use (Airtel Nigeria) and offers cheaper data bundle rates such as NGN400 for a month, NGN100 for a day et al. This service can be accessed from http://webpass.opera.com
- It is very light: The opera mini and opera mini next version attached in this article for download is very light and doesn’t bug your blackberry 10 device memory as most android apps do. Web pages load faster on opera mini browser.
How to Install Opera Mini on a Blackberry 10 Smartphone and/or Device
Installing opera mini apk and/or any other compatible android application on a blackberry 10 smartphone and/or devices is as easy as completing the steps below –
- Download the opera mini apk (on PC or mobile phone) from the links provided below.
- Send the downloaded apk to your blackberry 10 device (if not downloaded directly with the bb).
- Enable installation of “apps from other sources” by ==> going to settings ==> App Manager ==> Installing Apps and turn it on
- Click on the Opera mini apk (or any other android apk) file to install.
Download Opera Mini Next Apk for Blackberry 10
Update 2018: (the best opera mini next download option for blackberry 10 devices).
- Use your default mobile browser to visit mini.opera.com/next
- Locate and click on other download options
- Click on Opera Mini Next for Android
- Allow the raw APK file to download completely.
- Tap on it to complete the installation.
- Launch and start enjoying the amazing data saving features of opera mini next mobile browser.
Raw APK file download option: Knowing that Opera mini next was famous for its speed and lightness and was very popular among smart phone users like a few years ago.
I picked the latest copy that worked best with my bb10 device and uploaded it so you can download and install for your blackberry 10 smart phone and/or device.
download Link: Get Opera Mini next apk for bb10 here or here.
Get Opera Mini Apk for Blackberry 10 Devices
If you aren’t too sure of Opera mini next or hearing about it for the first time, you can go for the regular Opera mini mobile browser using the download link below.
Opera Mini Apk for Blackberry 10 download link: Go here to get it or get it from this download Mirror.
- Other versions of opera mini for bb10: you can download other versions of opera mini apk but do note that the versions uploaded in this article were carefully selected and doesn’t lag on blackberry 10 devices.
- For older operating systems (OS): If your blackberry smartphone isn’t listed above, it is likely an older device. – you can download opera mini for it from the blackberry app world or from http://mini.opera.com
- Videos and Media support?: You aren’t going to get lots of media (video) support while browsing with opera mini, but pages and download goes faster, lighter with it.
- When will opera mini for bb10 be on the app world?: We will update this post with the official link once this happens
Opera Mini & Opera Mini Next Download for all Blackberry Devices
You can use the tips below to get the best opera mini version for your blackberry smart phone irrespective of blackberry OS 10, 7, 5 or even lower archived versions.
All you need do is follow the steps below and test run after each download to see what works best for your blackberry device.
After trying out UC web browser, default blackberry browser and the opera mini browser on the blackberry app world, I felt very bad because non of it could fit in perfectly for the blackberry 9720 (curve 8) phone.
Then I implored these tips to get a one that neither lags nor takes a long time to open pages. Note that this will work on all blackberry devices including newer OS versions.
For Opera Mini Next
- Use your default blackberry browser to visit http://m.opera.com/next
- Tap the display more download options to see all the versions available for download
- Select the one that’s likely to work great on your phone
- Hit the download link to download and complete the installation of opera mini next for your device
- Select run after install to see if works great for your device, else try step 6
- Go back to the more download options to try out another version if the one you downloaded before isn’t working fine on your smartphone.
For Opera Mini
- Use your default BB browser to visit http://m.opera.com
- Click on the download link to download and complete the installation of the recommended opera mini version for your device.
- Select run after install to see if works great for your device, else try step 4
- Go back to the main page and click on more download options to try out another version (version 4 recommended for OS versions lower than 5.0).
- Install and share your experiences with us via comments.
Hey this bbq5 device want to update. Softwere bt the system want extra large storage space that thay couldn’t exist
Have you used up the internal storage memory of the phone?
Hi guys. Good one. For sometime now, some apps if not all have stopped working on my bbz30.
Did you update to the latest Blackberry 10 OS?