Ever Since today (October 4), the stories ranking top on charts of most social media platforms have been the Google Pixel XL. This is something almost every gadget freak have been waiting for (Even though they never saw ut coming). Though the suspense and optimism aren’t/weren’t because of the phone itself (To some extent), but what the phone would be coming with. I guess. Below is a detailed breakdown of the Pixel XL, coupled with Specifications and Price. Ok, grab a pop corn ASAP.
Now What the Ell is Pixel XL, you might be asking? Actually i did too when i first heard about the gist, but i smiled haven known that something of this nature would occur. Ok, Ok, guess you are beginning to see me as a foreseer, but trust me, i saw this coming after Google Dump the project Ara and even gave out every they had worked on, on the modular smartphone, to some company. So you see.
The Pixel is a smartphone designed by HTC but Google takes all the glory as regards the design of the smartphone making it the first of its kind to be tagged a “Phone by Google”. Another Achievement from the guys at Google.
As seen from The Verge;
“The Pixel name, says Rick Osterloh, Google’s recently hired hardware chief, “has always represented the best in hardware and software, designed and built by Google, together.” He highlights five key points for the new Pixel phones:
– Google Assistant. Pixel is the first phone with the new Google Assistant built in. When you touch and hold the home button or say the “hot word,” the Assistant “jumps into action.” In Google’s event demo, the Assistant is used to bring up photos from a particular time or place from the past, and also plays whatever music you ask it to play, choosing your favorite music app by default. Similarly, it integrates the Google Now on Tap functionality, allowing the user to swipe up with information on the screen, such as a restaurant name, and provides further information, such as reviews and the restaurant’s address. Also, like a bot, the Google Assistant will take your reservation for that same restaurant using only voice prompts.
– Camera experience. The Pixel and Pixel XL rear camera scores an 89 in DxOMark, the highest rating ever. That benchmark isn’t the most consistent measure of good performance, but at least it’s an indicator of the sensor’s potential in the new Pixel phones. It has a 12.3-megapixel resolution with large 1.55-micron pixels and an f/2.0 aperture. Google claims that its new camera has “the shortest capture time on any mobile camera ever.” There’s also very intricate, gyroscope-based video stabilization on board, however there’s no optical image stabilization for stills. Google isn’t shy in presenting this as the best smartphone ever. …You can check out other awesome features of this smartphone Here”
Without Boring you with long talks, lets run through the specifications.
Pixel XL Phone Review: Specifications and Price
- Dimensions: 154.7 x 75.7 x 8.6 mm (6.09 x 2.98 x 0.34 in)
- Weight: 168 g (5.93 oz)
- Display: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors ,5.5 inches (~71.2% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1440 x 2560 pixels (~534 ppi pixel density)
- Secondary Display: 2.1-inch, 160 x 1040 (LG UX 5.0)
- Type: LTPS capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G: HSDPA 900 /1900/ 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800)
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Processor Type: Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821
- Processor Name: Quad-core (2×2.15 GHz Kryo & 2×1.6 GHz Kryo)
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 530
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 32 GB/ 64GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB
- Music Support: AAC, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA,
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP, LE
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- GPS: Yes with A-GPS, GLONASS/ BDS
- USB: Type-C 1.0 reversible connector