Troubleshooting of satellites dishes and decoder is something you’re going to do often as an installer, student or someone who journeys to multiple locations. Our earlier review of digital satellite meters raised the curiosity of most 3ptechies readers that wanted to know what best options are there in the space of top Satellite Signal Finders.
This is our main reason for creating this list: To guide you on best satellite finder for dish networks, satellite finder meter prices, satellite finder meter for directv, and everything else you need to know about top satellite meter for dish networks.
They will come in handy for: troubleshooting satellite TVs, installing satellite dish network by yourself, working with satellite meter apps, and for directTV troubleshooting. But before diving into the list, I’ll like to say a thing or two for those that might be hearing about satellite signal finder meters for the first time.
- What is a Satellite Signal Finder?
- How can Satellite Meter Signal Finder Help You?
- How to use Sat Finder Meter for Signal Tracking
- List of Top 10 Best Satellite Signal Finder
- OCDay GSF-9502 HD digital satellite finder meter ($4.99)
- KING SL1000 SureLock TV Antenna Signal Meter ($31)
- GSF9504 Satellite Signal Meter/Finder ($4.99 per piece)
- Leory DVB-T SF-95DL Mini Digital TV Antenna & Satellite Signal Finder
- Generic Digital Satellite Signal Finder ($5)
- SF-95DR Digital Satellite Signal Meter ($13.00)
- SF 560 SF-560 DVB-S/T/S2/T2 Digital Satellite Finder Signal Meter
- Satlink WS-6906 Satellite Signal ($68.00)
- Sathero SH-100HD digital signal finder satellite meter DVBS/S2 with USB 2.0 ($49.00)
- SF-500 Digital Sat Signal Finder/Meter with Compass
- Final Thought on Satellite Finder Meters
What is a Satellite Signal Finder?
A satellite signal finder is portable device that lets you search for signal, troubleshoot, align, and setup satellite dish networks with little or no inconveniences.
They can be analog or digital, and often refereed to as: satellite compass, SatFinder meter and/or SatSignal trackers. The professional models comes with on-screen HD display, while the cheapest models uses audio beep to signal users.
In all, SatFinder meters (irrespective of analog or digital) helps one to position his/her satellite dish to receive the strongest signal for best possible TV reception.
How can Satellite Meter Signal Finder Help You?
As already pointed out above, SatFinders helps one to position their digital satellite dish for best signal reception.
Apart from helping you get the strongest TV signal, Sat Finders eliminates the inconveniences of making multiple trips to the roof, or needing a friend’s help to check the signal strength at your TV set.
You’d need a professional satellite finder meter as an installer or satellite installation hobbyist. This would come in handy for working on client’s electronic sets, as the risk of causing damages is normally limited by working with a Sat Finder.
How to use Sat Finder Meter for Signal Tracking
We’ll like to close this section with this. Guiding you on how to use most satellite finder meters in dish signal tracking.
Although we’ve extensively talked about this in the digital satellite signal finder review post (linked above), we’ll like to bring it on here for emphasis.
- To use SatFinders, connect one end of the provided coaxial cable to the barrel connector on the satellite dish’s LNB (low noise block downconverter) and the other end to the SatFinder meter.
- Loosen the dish nuts for easy adjustment to either along the horizontal (azimuth) or vertical (elevation) planes, and Move the dish from side-to-side along the horizontal plane until you dictate the position at which the SatFinder meter shows the greatest signal strength.
- Gradually raise and/or lower the satellite dish along the vertical plane until you deduce the elevation at which the SatFinder meter shows the greatest signal strength.
- Firmly tighten the dish nuts (without moving away from the position detected) to lock your satellite dish into position and gradually disconnect the coaxial cable from the LNB on the satellite dish.
List of Top 10 Best Satellite Signal Finder
Here’s pointing out my favorite Satellite Signal Finders (or Sat Finders) that lets one track satellite dishes like a pro. I focused on the readily available ones, and present this list in no particular order.
The prices are sourced from the top online shopping websites including Gearbest, Aliexpress and Amazon. Please do read through the list and suggest some satellite finder meter you’ve personally used at the comments section.
OCDay GSF-9502 HD digital satellite finder meter ($4.99)
OcDay GSF-9502 FTA digital satellite signal finder is a very cheap satellite finder meter for dish networks. It comes with good features and makes satellite signal tracking easy and effortless.
With this gauge, you can track satellites without needing to stay close to your TV; Just connect the gadget between the parabolic antenna and its receptors, and then start tracking satellites at ease.
This sat finder is a perfect choice for operators whose satellite dish are quite afield from their windows or door. Furthermore, it comes with an inbuilt LED light for night usage, bell electric features and a tone rising for signal strength monitoring.
- Extremely Cheap
- Easy and Simple to use
- Helps you track satellites effortlessly.
- Inbuilt LED light for night usage.
- Suitable to use while trying to set up your plate on a tripod too far.
- Works without batteries.
- 2150 MHz input frequency 950.
|HD (High Definition)||Yes|
|FTA (Free To Air)||No|
|Power Source||13 – 18V DC|
KING SL1000 SureLock TV Antenna Signal Meter ($31)
Inspite of your location, King SL1000 SureLock TV Antenna Signal Meter is sure to fish out all signals your antenna could attract. This gadget is crafted to simplify the process of finding/locking onto an OTA TV signal from a directional antenna.
Connect this meter to any TV antenna output or install in-line between your TV and antenna; Once you rotate your antenna, SureLock will provide a real-time LED feedback displaying the current signal strength, this will let you know at what exact moment you should lock onto a signal.
Also, this sat finder has a variable sensitivity adjustment which lets it work efficiently when far or near from the TV towers.
- Over-the-air antenna accessory
- Foolproof way to locate over-the-air TV signals
- Directional TV antenna required
- Stationary use only
- Portable and Lightweight
- Adjustable sensitivity
- Power source: 9V battery
- Connects in-line with your antenna
- LED feedback displays signal strength
|Dimensions||3.5 in x 3.2 in x 1 in|
|Signal Range||60-90 dBuV|
|Required Power Capacity||5V DC, 40mA|
|Battery||Li-ion 9 Volts|
GSF9504 Satellite Signal Meter/Finder ($4.99 per piece)
The GSF9504 Signal finder is a cheap, but a super solid satellite meter for dish network. It lets you track and manage satellite signals easily. It is portable and handy, crafted with SMT technology, highly sensitive and can show signal from 0.2dB to 2300MHz.
This gadget displays signal strength according to the dish position with an easy-to-read analog needle which lets you do adjustments when necessary.
- In-line IF signal strength meter
- High sensitivity
- DC pass to LNB and internal light
- Inbuilt 0Hz, 22KHz,13V,18V indicating LEDs/buzzer
- Good body design
- Portal to carry around.
|Dimensions||80 x 35 x 62mm|
|Input Level Min||40dBm|
|Input Level Max||-10dBm|
Leory DVB-T SF-95DL Mini Digital TV Antenna & Satellite Signal Finder
Leory LCD DVB-T SF-95DL is a Free-To-Air(FTA) Satellite signal finder, it works on all satellite systems without automatic tuning ability. This satellite signal finder comes with a LED displayer which helps to tell signals strength cleanly.
Furthermore, it has audio tone feature to help you align the satellite antenna to a signal effortlessly. Finally, this is portable sat finder which would work efficiently for tracking satellite dishes and dictating signals.
- FTA dish/signal tracker
- Portable to carry around.
- Perfect for systems without automatic satellite tuning capability.
- Simple and easy to use.
- LED displayer for precise results of signals strength.
- Audio tone feature.
- Can be used to work on multiple dish systems.
|Name||Leory LCD sat finder|
|Power supply||13-18V DC|
|Operating Temperature||0 – 40degree Celcius|
Generic Digital Satellite Signal Finder ($5)
If you are looking out for an effective digital sat finder? This gadget is a perfect option for you. With over 200 positive reviews on aliexpress , this digital satellite signal finder will help you set up dishes in just a few minutes.
It features an illuminated LED meter indicator and is compatible with DirecTV, FTA satellite systems, and Dish Networks. With this, you’ll be able to do signal alignment without much troubles.
- 950 MHz – 2150 MHz input frequency range
- Highly sensitive
- 22 Khz indicator LED light
- Compatible with multiple systems
- Audio tone feature
- Analog signal strength meter display
- Illuminated LED light for clearer view at night
- Portable and light
- Easy and simple to use/operate.
- Use power supplied from your satellite receiver; No external power/batteries needed.
|Frequency range||950 MHz – 2150 MHz|
|LED meter Display||Yes|
SF-95DR Digital Satellite Signal Meter ($13.00)
SF-95DR records more accurate readings than most meters in its class. This is a professional digital satellite signal tracker with professional output performance and results.
It has a bright blue backlight which lets the user see clearly during night hours. This gadget does not need complicated programming or manual meter calibration. It recognizes LNBF frequencies automatically and works with any Ku band, C band, or Ka-band satellite.
- No meter calibration needed
- Does not need complicated programming
- Automatic recognition of LNBF frequencies.
- Simple, light and portable
- Convenient to carry about.
|Input level range||-40dBm~ -10dBm|
|Operating temperature||0 – 40-degree celsius|
SF 560 SF-560 DVB-S/T/S2/T2 Digital Satellite Finder Signal Meter
This is a comprehensive 2-in-one digital sat finder/signal meter, it comes with full satellite tweaking features. With this gadget, one can maneuver every satellite signal finding problem.
More so, it is portable and light-weighted, it can be carried around conveniently.
- LO Frequency of LNB, Symbol rate, etc.
- Finds satellite and antenna signals accurately.
- Provides spectrum display
- Supports 0/22KHz, DISEqC1.0 switch, USALS, support 0/5v, update data through USB
- Displays satellite and antenna signals in a clear LCD digital screen.
- Supports DVB-S, DVB-S2, DVB-, and DVB-T2
|Frequency range||950 – 2150MHZ|
|Signal Level||-65 -25dBm|
|Symbol rate||1Msps – 60Msps|
|Supports||8PSK,16APSK, 32APK, DiSEqC: V 1.0|
|Frequency range||170-230MHz 470-862MH|
|Bandwith||6MHz, 7MHz, 8MHz|
|Supports||16QAM, 64QAM, 256AM, DiSEqC: V 1.0|
Satlink WS6906 satellite signal finder/meter lets you watch all FTA digital satellite channels on its colored LCD screen and accurately align satellite dishes. Also, you can check the stability of channels directly on the screen of this gadget.
Furthermore, Satlink WS-6906 digital satellite finder can be connected to a standard satellite receiver or a TV. It comes with an AV input were other media players or surveillance cameras can be connected (comes in handy for ccctv cameras configuration).
- Lets you view all Free To Air satellite channels direct from the gadget screen.
- Auto Re-Calibration
- Automatic dish angle and settings calculations based on your longitude and latitude.
- Transponders, symbol rate, frequency, polarity, and other settings can be modified by the user.
- No need for meter upgrade
- 3.5 inch digital LCD Screen
- AV in and out function.
- Access to free channels
- Upgrade software via USB.
|Fully DVB compliant||Yes|
|Signal level||-65dBm ~-25dBm|
|LNB supply||13/18V, max400mA|
|SCPC / MCPC Capable||Yes|
|Spectral inversion||Auto conversion|
|System resource Processor||32bit processor (200MHz)|
|Screen Resolution||720 x 576, 720 x 480|
|Power||Li-ion battery 3000 mAH|
|Dimensions||9.5 x 15.5 x 4.5 (cm)|
Sathero SH-100HD digital signal finder satellite meter DVBS/S2 with USB 2.0 ($49.00)
This digital satellite finder – sathero SH-100HD lets you track signals and align satellite dishes at ease. It is very portable and convenient to carry about, it also features an LCD digital screen which displays the real signal strength at each position.
- Fast and smart.
- 950~2150MHz frequency range
- 75ΩInput Impedance
- Preset global satellite data
- Editable satellite parameters
- LCD display screen
- Function, operation and signal Lock Light
- Indicator Lights
- LNB short-circuit protection
- Upgrade software and parameters through USB
|Dimensions||13.5 x 4.8 x 2.5cm|
|Input Level||-65~ -25dBm|
SF-500 Digital Sat Signal Finder/Meter with Compass
Anewkodi SF-500 digital signal finder/meter is a good satellite signal tracker with lots of cool features. It has support for DVB-s2 and DVB-S with multi-standard decoding and demodulation.
- Supports DVB-S2 and DVB-S
- Multi-standard demodulation and decoding
- Displays signal strength and quality in its bright LCD screen
- Edit or add new transponder parameters
- 22KHz switching
- No battery needed
- Includes AC power supply
|Frequency range||950~2150 MHz|
|Input level range||-65 ~ -25 dBm|
|Symbol Rate||1~ 45 Msps|
|Temperature||0 ~ +40°C|
|Input connector||F type|
|Power supply||100V-240V with EU/US Plug|
Final Thought on Satellite Finder Meters
After such exhaustive list of Top Best Satellite Signal Finder for dish networks tracking, it would be wise to give a few more ideas on how to buy the best SatFinder meters with which you can track satellite networks easily.
Quality, handy and most comfortable SatFinders that are easy to hang around the neck, put in the pocket or move around with can be bought from aliexpress, Amazon, Konga, Jumia, bestbuy, and any of the top online shopping stores.
Most of them do not need batteries to work and can work on any satellite system, while some others comes with a removable battery system for easy satellite/CCTV system config.