Here’s the full list of digital satellite and terrestrial TV services providers in Nigeria and most African countries. We have decided to make a comprehensive list of Digital Terrestrial TV Service Providers in Nigeria and also that of Cable TV Providers in Nigeria and most African countries.
Digital terrestrial TV is a technology used by land-based TV stations to broadcast their contents in digital format to their consumers via radio waves. This is a major technology boost targeted to overrule the previous analog television technology.
In Nigeria today, there are various DTTV service providers transmitting with different technologies and in this article, we’ll be providing you with the full list of all the DTTV – Digital Terrestrial TV service providers in Nigeria.
Full List of Digital Satellite Cable TV Providers in Nigeria
As already explained, this publication is to help you discover the most popular Digital satellite and terrestrial cable TV providers in Nigeria. Even though Nigeria is the main focus, these satellite TV services is available in Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, South Africa and etc.
They are as follows, starting with popular Digital Terrestrial TV services providers in Nigeria.
GoTv is one of the leading Digital Terrestrial TV service providers in Africa. Their service is not only limited to Nigerians but also available to other top African countries like; Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, Uganda, and etc. It is owned by MultiChoice – an African video entertainment and internet company.
GoTv does not require a satellite dish installation for the owner to start accessing TV stations unlike DSTV and other top satellite cable TV service providers.
This TV service provider (GoTv) uses an antenna to connect its subscribers to the nearest satellite and provides them with premium TV stations via radio waves.
GoTv Customer Care Details and Contact Addresses:
- GOtv Nigeria Customer Care number: 08039044688
- Email Address: GOtv.Nigeria@ng.multichoice.com
- Nigeria Twitter Account: twitter.com/gotvng
- Facebook Account: facebook.com/GOtvNg
- Official Nigeria Website: http://eazy.gotvafrica.com/en/ng/
- Nigeria Contact Address: Plot 1381 Tiamiyu Savage Street, Victoria Island Lagos State, Nigeria.
You can follow any of the above-listed details to connect directly with GoTV customer support team for more details on their mode of operations.
StarTimes is a digital Tv solution company that has been in operation since 1988. Primarily, the company has operated in China ever since its launch but moved to the Africa continent on the hope of gaining more subscribers which it actually achieved. Currently, StarTimes has over 7 million subscribers to its service across China and Africa.
We have included StarTimes on our list today because it is a direct alternative to Multichoice’s GoTv comparing the prices and services offered by the two companies.
StarTimes is not only functional in Nigeria, but also in 7 other African countries which includes: Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Guinea, Uganda, Central African Republic, and Burundi.
StarTimes operation in Nigeria is based on DVB-T (Digital Video Broadcast-Terrestrial) standard which means that you mustn’t have a dish to use the StarTimes decoder and connect with satellite TV services. They also have support for use of digital satellite dishes and decoders.
StarTimes Customer Care Details and Contact Addresses:
- StarTimes Nigeria Customer Care number: 08172398558 or 09-4618888
- Nigeria Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter Account: https://twitter.com/startimes_ng
- Facebook Account: https://www.facebook.com/StarTimesNG
- Official Nigeria Website: http://www.startimes.com.ng
Here is another top DTTV service provider in Nigeria. MetroDigital Ltd is a multi-channel terrestrial digital satellite TV services provider that’s headquartered in Port Harcourt, Nigeria. This company provides its subscribers with up to 60 channels based on locations.
MetroDigital Customer Care Details and Contact Addresses:
- Official website – http://www.metrodigital.tv
- Contact Number – 08174637583, 08038291409
- Official MetroDigital service center – No 8A Circular Road, Opposite G.R.A Junction, Off Aba Road, Port Harcourt.
- Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/MetroDigitalNigeria
- Email address – email@example.com
TStv is an indigenous satellite TV services provider. It is a new Nigerian DTH Pay TV operator, a perfect direct alternative to the popular DSTV. It offers a wide-range of TV channels/stations and claims to offer a Pay-As-You-Consume service.
TStv Customer Care Details and Contact Addresses:
- Official Nigerian Website – https://www.tstvnigeria.com
- Facebook page – https://web.facebook.com/TSTVAfrica
- Email address – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Customer care number – 0905 557 8222
- Headquarter address – Telcom Satellites Limited H/Q, TStv Green Glass House, Plot 1191 Gilmor Layout by Jahi-Katampe Bridge, Gwarinpa, Abuja, Nigeria.
DStv is the leading satellite TV service provider in Africa. It is owned by Multichoice, the same company that owns GOtv. This satellite TV service covers a lot of TV stations categorized by genres. Unlike other satellite Cable TV providers in Nigeria, DSTv gives you access to hundreds of TV channels and stations covering every live event from around the globe.
Before you can get access to DSTV services, you’d have to buy their decoder and dish. Follow the information below to connect with DSTV live customer support for more details about their TOS.
- SMS short code – 30333
- USSD code – *288#
- Facebook page – https://web.facebook.com/dstvng
- Twitter handle – https://twitter.com/DStvNg
- Telephone numbers – +234 12703232, +234 8039003788
- Email address – email@example.com
- Office Address – MultiChoice Nigeria Limited, Plot 1381, Tiamiyu Savage Street, Victoria Island, Lagos
- Website – https://www.dstv.com/en-ng
This is a new DTTV service provider in African. It started operations within the Q1 of 2017 and boasts to be the best terrestrial service provider of the moment.
Kwesé TV offers a pay-as-you-watch satellite TV service with over 75 channels of classic TV stations divided into genres and categories. When you subscribe for your Kwesé TV decoder you also gain automatic access on up to five (5) other devices.
Currently, this TV service is only accessible to the citizens of these African Countries: Nigeria, Rwanda, Ghana, Zambia, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Botswana, Malawi, Namibia, Lesotho, and Swaziland. Hopefully, the company will expand its reach in no distance time.
One good feature of this TV service is that its subscribers can also stream their services on mobile devices and have access to Kwese free sports on FTA TV – Free-To-Air.
Kwese Tv Customer Care Details and Contact Addresses:
- Official Kwese TV website: https://www.kwese.com
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook Handle: https://www.facebook.com/KweseTV.Nigeria/
- Twitter Handle: https://twitter.com/watchkwese
STRONG is a High Definition digital satellite TV service receiver or simply an HD Decoder used by MyTv to transmit their Satellite TV channels to their subscribers. STRONG decoder grants you access to lots of FTA channels and offers an innovative, high-quality receiving equipment for both Terrestrial and Satellite TV services.
- MyTV official website – http://www.mytvafrica.tv/
- STRONG official website – http://www.strong-technologies.com/
- Nigeria Office address -STRONG Solutions Ltd. Plot 746, IDU Industrial Area, Phase 1, Abuja, Nigeria
- Telephone numbers – +234 803 659-6590, +234 805 800-3136
- Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/StrongTechnologiesAfrica
- Twitter profile – https://twitter.com/STRONG_Africa
Should I Go for a Digital Satellite or Terrestrial Television Service?
Well, the choice of which to go for depends on your budget and place of residence. While satellite cable TV networks has a wider coverage, terrestrial TVs is only available on selected locations.
On the positive, terrestrial TVs is cheaper and can be installed easily without any learning curve. Satellite TVs on the other hand is expensive to setup and might need a lengthy learning curve for proper installation of dishes and decoders.
To sum up the features of digital terrestrial TV services, look through these points.
- Digital terrestrial TV services are cheaper and easier to set up than that of Cable TV services.
- They offer extremely cheap subscription packages.
- You get to enjoy bonus services from time to time.
These are the fully functional DTtv and Cable TV services providers in Nigeria, Ghana and most African countries. We have included the official social media handles and also direct contact details that will help you to interact directly with any of these TV services provider(s) of your choice.
The list would be updated from time to time and would keep up its focus on fully functional Digital Satellite/Terrestrial TV Providers in Nigeria.